After almost ten hours, DotA 6.80 has received an update that is fixing just two bugs.
- Fixed some bugs with Wards.
- Fixed Netherstrike retaining vision if the enemy has Linken’s Sphere.
You can download the new map (6.80b) from here, fast mirror, same size (7.88 megabytes).
Hopefully, this update will last for 2-3 days until 6.80c gets released.
A new map with a new major number is available, DotA 6.80.
However, there are no new heroes or items. Probably those will come with map 7.01.
Anyway, here are some of the changes for 6.80:
You now lose one gold per second if you haven’t picked a hero after the selection timer runs out in All Pick
All Pick selection time increased from 60 to 75
Roshan no longer stops upgrading his hp/damage/armor at 45 minutes
Roshan upgrade rate increased by 20%.
Other than these, just tweaks for almost all heroes.
You can download the map from here, fast mirror, 7.88 megabytes.
Expect to see 6.80b in a few days.
This is the latest DotA AI map released. It dates from 5-6 months ago and some users from the official playdota.com forums are saying that it will be the last one.
Usually an update was coming within a month since the release of a new official DotA map. But that was not the case for DotA 6.79.
You can download DotA 6.78c AI v1.4e from here, fast mirror. The map has almost 7 megabytes. This version was developed by Green_Sliche.
The problem with the AI map is that most of the lately versions have been coded by different developers and is pretty hard to code a new map by using the code of other devs.
A new map was released, DotA 6.79e, correcting just one single bug:
- Fixed a gold exploit with Arc Warden.
You can download the map from here, fast mirror, 7.88 Mb.
This is actually the second map released in 2004 and probably the map with the most versions, five so far.
If there won’t be any more bugs to solve, we can expect another map around this summer.
The new map brings just two modifications.
- Fixed a bug that caused significant performance loss when Skeleton King was in the game.
- Fixed a bug with Rubick stealing Shadow Dance.
You can download the map from here, fast mirror.
We didn’t had a Christmas themed map during the holidays but is still nice that there are some developers out there who are still working on the map.
Happy new year all!
DotA 6.79c is available and has quite a few changes.
Here are some of them:
- Hand of Midas recipe cost increased from 1400 to 1550.
- Ancestral Spirit vision reduced from 600 to 450.
- Ancestral Spirit damage reduced from 80/120/160/200 to 60/100/140/180.
- Plague Wards night vision reduced from 1200 to 800.
There are mostly bug fixes, you can check the full changelog at playdota.com/changelogs/6.79c.
Download the new map from here, fast mirror.
Regarding the AI map, the developers have said on the forums that they were working on a 5.79b version. Looks like that version will get updated.
The second DotA 6.79 was released, bringing only 5 changes:
- Fixed a crash on older versions of Warcraft when picking Slardar.
- Fixed some performance problems when Bloodseeker was in the game.
- Fixed Vampiric Aura and Linken’s Sphere sometimes spawning runes on the ground.
- Fixed Radiance not working on illusions.
- Fixed selling items after a buyback not giving back gold.
You can download the map from here, fast server.
Playdota.com is still unavailable and seems that it will take around a week to get fixed.
DotA 6.79b should be the last map until Christmas when we should get a new map with Christmas decorations, trees, Santa hats etc.